Hey there, folks!
Thanksgiving is inching its way into our hearts with each and every passing day.
So...what are you gonna do about it?!
You can either sit there and slowly but surely await the pending arrival of the splendid day, ORRRR you can....BAKE BAKE BAKE!!
Get your house in the Thanksgiving spirit (if you haven't already), put up some decorations, do some crafts with the kids, display everything all over the house, and top it all off with some delicious cupcakes!
Here's an idea, why not bake some cupcakes now, and some for after Thanksgiving dessert?
I'm not saying to replace the pie...that's just un-American.
Just simply add some cupcakes to the mix! It's such a great twist to the traditional Thanksgiving way.
Surprise your family with some scrumptious cupcakes after dinner. No one will be expecting it, and you'll be the belle of the ball!
Here at Simply Wrappers, we have come prepared.
Here is the recipe and directions for making these delicious cupcakes! Now read on and HAVE SOME FUN!
- Cupcakes from your favorite box of cupcake mix - Tops flattened and with a light slather of frosting on top
- Chocolate frosting - for the slather talked about previously
- Oreo Cookies
- Miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Candy Corn
- Assorted Icing - yellow, white and red (the pre-filled frosting tubes you can buy at the store are really great)
- Follow the cupcake directions on the box and pop those babies in the oven! You could also use your own favorite recipe from scratch! We'll let you decide.
- Grab an Oreo and put a little bit of chocolate frosting in the middle - this is just to make the candy corn pieces stick a little better
- Start Stuffing the Candy Corn!
- Put a dab of frosting on the bottom end of the Oreo to allow it to stick to the bottom, or base cookie. (Place them next to a wall so they can dry and keep their shape)
- Now, unwrap a peanut butter cup and cut a sliver off of one end. Place the cup upside down and cut the sliver off in a sawing motion.
- Once the cookies are ready, flip them over and place a little frosting on the top of the PB cup to secure it to the cookie.
- With the turkeys in the same position, glue a Whopper on there with some frosting on the whopper and on the peanut butter cup.
- After that, put two yellow frosting dots on for the eyes, and for the pupil, you can use a dab of chocolate frosting or a mini chocolate chip, or even a sprinkle.
- Fort he beak, add a dab of yellow frosting with a smaller dab of white frosting on top.
- Leave them here for 5 to 10 minutes to solidify.
- Once dry, you can flip them over and add yellow feet!!
- Once the cupcakes are out of the oven, let them cool until they are cool to the touch.
- Slather on a thin layer of chocolate icing.
- After that, carefully place your turkey on top of the cupcake.
Aaaaaaand.....Voila!!! You have done it!!
MOST IMPORTANTLY: Don't forget to add the best finishing touch!!
Pair your turkey cupcakes with our Brownie Dark Brown Cupcake Wrappers! You will, without a doubt, send off your family and friends in a cupcake frenzy afterwards!
Thanks for stopping by!!